Sunday, November 4, 2007

American Gangster

"See, ya are what ya are in this world. That's either one of two things: Either you're somebody, or you ain't nobody."

First thing, Denzel washinton is badass.

The acting in this movie was amazing, as was the directing given that I do not like Ridley Scott. I really don't like Ridley Scotts other works, with the exception of Gladiator and Hannibal (produced Black Hawk Down, that show Numbers). The cinenomatography was amazing as was the scene locations. I was only dissappointed in the storyline. The movie basically follows a very linear, two characters-trying-to-find each other plot. The Russel Crowe scenes were pretty boring for the most part(except the gun battles).

However this does not change anything about Denzel Washington. My favorite part of the movie is when he walks up to some guy who owns him money, demands his money, then shoots the guy in the head in the middle of a busy street.

I can't honestly say that I don't have respect for a person like Frank Lucas(in real life and in the movie). He found a way to take advantage of the market, and did so the way any business man would. He made a way for himself and did what he had to to establish himself and his family (in real life his heroin dealing organization). that's just me though.

PEACE

No comments: